Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Beauty DIY: Rice Paper Face Mask

Hey, everyone!Sooo this summer I've been really obsessed with taking care of my skin and I've had so much time to experiment with a lot of skincare products. (To be honest, maybe I should have focused more on studying for the SAT instead...) But I found out how to make these super cool rice paper face masks and, bless, they have been saving my precious skin from the heat and damage of the blazing, hot star in the sky.  
These rice masks are used to help brighten your skin, moisturize your skin, smooth out blemishes, and decreases wrinkles. You can read more about the benefits of rice products here. These masks really help and they are pretty easy to make so here's how to make them:

Materials

    • Edible Rice Paper (Like the ones used to make Vietnamese spring rolls. You can find some at any Asian market or buy them on Amazon)
    • A plate or bowl
    • Milk or rice water or any tea (Like the water used to rinse your rice before you cook it.)


    Step 1

    How to make:

    1. Take your rice paper and cut it in a way to fit your face. There's no certain way to cut it; you can cut it the way I did, or you can just cut rectangles. Please don't just put the whole circle on your face though, because I've done it and you can't breath and it's just miserable. FYI: the rice paper is also difficult to cut because it breaks easily and you have to be really careful. 




    Step 2
    2. Fill your plate or bowl with milk or rice water. Milk has a lot of benefits for the skin, like lightening skin, softening skin, shrinking pores, and reducing skin irritation. You can read more here. But if you're lactose intolerant or don't have milk, rice water also has a lot of pros like said in the first article about rice product benefits.  

    Step 3
    3. Soak your rice paper in the milk/rice water for a minute or so. The rice paper is going to turn slimy and gelatinous, like the magical skin of an eel. Be careful to not soak it for too long or else it will just rip easily and cling to itself like crazy.
    Step 4
    4. Take out your slimy rice paper and put it on your face and relax for 10-15 minutes. Let your face soak up the nutrients and chill out. It might be difficult to handle the rice paper, but it just takes time and practice.
    Step 5





    5. Peel your second skin off and throw it away. This is the coolest part because it's just so satisfying to peel off and your face feels so clean and fresh. Usually, I make the mask at night before I do my nightly skincare routine, so I can chill out before I sleep. 


    Young fresh me
    I usually make and use this rice paper mask every week or every-other week and my face has really cleared up and a lot of my acne scars have vanished. It's also very cooling for those super hot summer nights. So I definitely recommend doing this. Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.  
    I hope this helped someone and I also hope that you guys try it out too. Tell me how it helps or anything~ Have a great day!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment