Sunday, February 15, 2015

Christmas at Disneyland~

image
I'm in the process of transferring all my cool Tumblr posts to this blog now, so some of the posts might be a little old/late...
Sooo, last December, my high school’s marching band went on their annual trip to Anaheim to perform in the Disneyland Christmas Parade~ That means +13 hours at the happiest place on Earth at the happiest time of the year! The hype was real.
image
So my journal began after a 1 1/2-hour bus ride with wonderful, screaming band men-children, when we were released into the Wintery Wonderland. In the picture above you can see my trying to make my way downtown to the ice cream shop for breakfast because ice cream is really healthy and reasonable in the winter. Look how pretty Disneyland is during Christmas time.
image
Here’s a nice, aesthetic photo of my friend, Rhenocorn, eating ice cream.



image
Afterwards, I bought some awesome and expensive Minnie Ears. Don’t mind my swollen eyelid and pet shark.
image
Ahhh, I love Tomorrowland soooo much! It’s just awesome to see all this tech around you, doing crazy, cool things. Tomorrowland gives me hope for the future. image

After Tomorrowland, we had to march, and Disneyland didn’t allow us to bring cameras/phones backstage… (Backstage was pretty magical, by the way.) The band dedicated 4 hours out of our day to our Christmas Parade experience. 15 minutes of those 4 hours were actually marching and playing. The rest was for dressing out, waiting, and walking literally every street backstage to get around. Gotta do what we do best.
image
image
Now afterwards, Rhenocorn and I went back to Tomorrowland to check out all the Big Hero 6 stuff~ (Big Hero 6 is seriously the bomb.com.) We also waited in line to meet Hiro! (Baymax was there, but he left to recharge before we went up… image ) But it was still awesome, and it is confirmed by Hiro, himself, that he is half Japanese and half American. So ya… He also told me that Honey Lemon would like my outfit and he did the cool Ba-la-la-la-la fistbump. image
image
So there was a huge time skip because I really wanted a Baymax cup and I was looking everywhere for one of those Baymax cups and they ran out at 5:00 p.m.. Whyyyyyyyy… (I even paid my friend to try and get me one last week and they ran out too…) image But it’s all good because we also got to go shopping and ride a bunch of rides too. Except, and Rhenocorn and I couldn’t find anywhere to eat for a while… It become so crowded when it became dark and Disney members had to have lights to direct people where to go, so every food place was crowded. We managed to feed off our friends, though, and eventually get a huge basket of fish and chips to feast upon.
image
I also got to ride The Nightmare Before Christmas. First time ever, actually. Personally, I’m scared of everything on Earth when it’s dark so I didn't really enjoy the ride that much, but it was still interesting.
image
As the end of our time was approaching, Rhenocorn and I sat down to attempt to watch the Disney show Fantasmic around 8:30. People had already been waiting to watch 3 hours before so it was hard to get a good seat. But later, this nice, old man came up to my friend and I and asked if we were around here and if we’ve ever seen the show. As we said ‘no,’ this guy told us to follow him. He then lead us to the best front seats for the show and let us sit there to watch Fantasmic. It was so great and the show was even better. image Props to him (he’s a retired Disney member called Buddy) for making our day 100x more better! image
That’s a cool picture of me with him. And after the Fantasmic show, there was an awesome fireworks ceremony~ It was a really amazing way to end the day…
So yup, Disneyland was really, really fun and awesome even though we didn’t get to do all the things we wanted to, like buying Tsum Tsums and eating all the festive food. Really can’t wait until next year, though!image  And it you have any suggestions for next year, please tell me!
(Photocreds to Rhenocorn for all the photos~)

No comments:

Post a Comment